Post 65 – life is great! Life has taught you a lot and being at such an experienced age is a major accomplishment in itself. You embark on a new phase of life wherein you actually live for yourself, fulfill your dreams and follow your heart. You have taken care of all your major responsibilities and now you have all the time in the world.
In fact, if traveling is what ignites the fire within you, now, you happen to have all the time in the world to actually see the world. And, traveling around the world does not come with an age barrier. It’s the state of your mind that keeps you young and filled with the zest for life. To be able to feed your passion to travel, you first need to come up with a check-list of the places you wish to travel to. Second and most importantly, you need to know how to take care of yourself in case something disrupts your travel plans. For which, it would be best for you to know about travel insurance and how it can be of great help to you.
Today, there are many insurance providers that offer an individual numerous Senior Citizen Travel Insurance plans. However, each and every plan tends to offer different set of benefits, but that is your job to decide, as to which plan caters to your travel needs. Along with this, you should always look for the suitability of the plan. In addition to this, whenever buying any insurance plan, it must be your prerogative to go through the policy offer document while understanding policy inclusions as well as exclusions.
What does a Senior Citizen Travel Plan offers?
Certain things offered by a travel plan meant for senior citizens are:
1. Coverage for Medical Expenses: In case you fall ill, meet with an accident or maybe get injured on your trip; with a travel insurance plan you will be able to take care of all the medical expenses incurred.
2. Transportation Expenses: If you are traveling and you need medical assistance wherein you need to be transported to a different city. Then, in such a case the transportation costs incurred shall be covered by the travel insurance provider.
3. Repatriation Cover: If the situations are such that you get unwell on your trip and are unable to travel back by your pre-arranged transport, you will be taken back home all safe and sound. All owing to your senior citizen travel health cover.
4. Loss of Baggage: You get coverage for all your personal belongings inclusive of your baggage, cash for travel, documents such as passport, visa, etc. along with other valuables.
5. Reimbursement for Delayed or Cancelled Flights: Due to any reason if the flight gets cancelled or delayed, all your charges will get reimbursed.
6. Trip Cancellation: At times there are certain circumstances that one is unprepared for, due to which you might need to cancel your trip or cut it short. To handle such situations with ease you must have a travel insurance policy. This will help you easily get a reimbursement for your hotel bookings and travel tickets. Thus, you will not have to suffer from any major financial loss.
7. 24*7 Helpline: Unfortunately, if you face a hiccup while traveling, having travel insurance provides you with the facility of a 24*7 helpline service, which undoubtedly comes in handy in a foreign land.
No matter what age you might be at, never stop living. If travel is your passion, feed it. But make sure you have a suitable senior citizen travel health insurance plan that can easily take care of almost all the major travel hiccups.
What is the difference between Individual Travel Insurance Plan and Senior Citizen Travel Insurance Plan?
This question can pop in anybody’s mind. But, there are two major points of differences you need to be aware of.
1. Age Group: The first major difference is the age group the plan caters to. An individual travel insurance plan generally tends to cover people from six months to 70 years of age. Whereas, a senior citizen travel insurance plan gives coverage to individuals who are 70 years or above.
2. Sum Insured: Second major difference is the sum insured entitled to an individual opting for a senior citizen travel insurance plan. The sum insured under a travel plan for senior citizen is not that high as compared to the one offered in any other travel insurance plan. However, the coverage offered is almost same as any travel insurance plan.
Even though we do not expect to experience anything bad as we travel from one country to another, it is always better to be prepared. Furthermore, opting for a travel insurance plan automatically induces a sense of safety when traveling - be it domestic or international.
Current rating: 0 (0 ratings)